Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

07 August 2005

Another Reader Writes!

Longtime Fan

David,
I doubt you will recognize my name, but I've learned a great deal about the markets from you over the years. I started trading Gilder stocks in 1999, and still remember one of your posts from his website. You summarized Tim Villano's views about the TRIN, TICK, etc., and it all sounded like a foreign language to me at the time. I still have a print-out of that post of yours from sometime in 2000. Later, I bumped into you again at Our Piazza and today while googling "Tim Villano".

For me trading is still just a hobby as I place trades while at my real job, but I've had two, maybe now three, profitable years in a row while trading commodities. Thanks to you (and a few others) my profits are no longer due to pure luck.

Many thanks for sharing your knowledge,
Brian B---

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brian,

Your memory and gratitude honors me. Thank you.

Your story proves at minimum two items:
1) Long term consistent success is within the reach of each interested investor, and
2) That effort need not become a full time endeavor, nor require continuous monitoring of the markets.

Congratulations! I hope now that you have found this site, you come back again (and again)! Please feel welcome to post at any time and on any topic.

Best wishes,
David

who's online