Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

29 January 2009

Market update

Well, not really, as this post is devoid of my market comments because, and as you know, I await your thoughts. The more time before you share is that much longer before I write and post a market-related commentary.

This position is no coy game on my part. I view this website as a method to share (my) understanding re the markets and to teach that understanding; my thoughts shared here re the markets' (then-) current trajectory are incidental. That people do not participate (in any manner) bothers me; how will I know you get it if you say nothing? I cannot move on beyond the rudiments until I know you understand them; four years after I began this blog seems an auspicious moment to show you do understand.

Please consider this post an open thread to speak your mind on whatever topic strikes your fancy, though I admit I am keen to read your comments re the markets.

-- David M Gordon / The Deipnosophist

Labels:

who's online