A career opportunity
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Functions: Management, Art / Creative, Design, Production, Engineering
Industries: Consumer Services, Marketing and Advertising, Online Media, Internet
Pay Description: Competitive comp/benefits
AlikeList seeks a Senior Web Developer to join an experienced team developing an innovative online solution for improving how consumers and small to mid-size businesses connect, communicate, and transact. If you’re energized by fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environments that solve significant consumer problems, we should talk.
The Senior Web Developer must enjoy leading the charge to apply innovative solutions and technologies to consumer problems. You will be responsible for assisting in defining our web presence, including the AlikeList site, mobile apps on various platforms, and publishing partners such as Facebook / MySpace.
• Develop a highly interactive front end, using AJAX and other techniques, that engages consumers while providing high utility.
• Strong portfolio featuring XHTML, JS, CSS, and AJAX coding samples
• Develop functional prototypes that illustrate feature concepts quickly
• Solid understanding of the possibilities and limitations of building web applications
• Collaborate with UI Designers, Engineering and Product Management
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
At AlikeList, we get excited about delivering local services that improve people’s lives daily. AlikeList is a VC-funded local marketplace company in Silicon Valley that is changing the way local business gets done. From finding a high quality contractor you can trust to finding a dentist that is really good with kids or a romantic hotel for your anniversary, our service is the essential guide to finding local businesses that meet users’ needs, values, and budget. And for small and mid-size businesses, we connect them to highly qualified consumers in the market for their products and services.
The AlikeList founding team consists of successful Internet executives experienced in both start-ups and Fortune 500 companies including Apple, GeoCities, SmartPages.com, Rand McNally, Yahoo, and Accenture.
Local candidates only, no relocation (San Francisco Bay Area).
Please contact me (only your interest, and not your resume, etc), if this description sounds like you. I will reply with the contact information. And please feel welcome to pass along this opportunity.
-- David M Gordon / The Deipnosophist