-- David M Gordon / The Deipnosophist
Only in America...
· Do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions -- while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
· Do banks leave both doors open -- but chain the pens to the counters.
· Do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway -- but put our useless junk in the garage.
· Do we have drive-up ATM machines with Braille.
· Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?
· Why you never see the headline, Psychic Wins Lottery?
· Why 'abbreviated' is such a long word?
· Why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor -- but dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
· Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?
· Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
· Why Noah did not swat those two mosquitoes?
· Why they sterilize the needles for lethal injections?
· You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
· If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
· If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?