Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

17 January 2010

Reading the Markets

I have discovered an excellent new blog for us all, with thanks to Harry van Beuningen for pointing me in its direction.

Reading the Markets ("Insights from Financial Literature") is everything I seek when reading other writers' thoughts about the markets and investing: intelligent, learned, literate, witty, loaded with qualitative (rather than quantitative) insights about the wonderful world of investing.

The site's author, Brenda Jubin, Ph.D., claims briefly -- nay, pithily -- to be "a philosopher by training (Yale), a trader and investor, a book lover." And even though I have only begun to mine her site's deep vein of riches, I know that her insights are of the type that I place at the top of my reading pile, awaited breathlessly.

You too should check out Reading the Markets, and bookmark it for regular reading, as I have done. It, and she (Brenda), are that good; well worth your time.
-- David M Gordon / The Deipnosophist

Labels: ,

who's online