Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

05 February 2005

Lost in HTML

Okay, okay, so what happened -- wasn't I supposed to make more posts than one every three days...?

Mea culpa, I decided to take a crash course in learning (to code) HTML. And "crash" is the operative verb, as this site served as my Blue Book. (Remember those...?) This site almost disappeared in a puff of incantatory non-wisdom. If it were not for the assistance of friend, Zara Elis (Timberland Braes), it would be gone and I never would have learned anything!

But it is back, and so am I. The obvious changes are the links (see sidebar) and moving the Google searchbar to the top of the page. (Success, at last!) The sidebar is a work-in-progress, so check regularly for new inclusions. And I hope to link these recommendations to their specific pages at Amazon.com. But these tasks re the sidebar are secondary to the site's primary content.

So first I must prepare (well, collate) my taxes, then off to a party this evening where a real magician will show off his tricks, and after all that a post entitled, "The Value of Technical Analysis"...

Writing that post I know will be far easier than learning the magic of HTML.

who's online