Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

27 April 2005

Problems

The software for the "Comments" field has suddenly gone buggy. I have tried to repair it myself but to no avail. So I wait on the software provider to respond to my email from early this morning. Until their reply - for which I do not hold my breath - I can offer no more responses to your 'comments'. This grieves me as much as the suddenly plummeting readership. So for now I will post here my reply to Allan Harris' comment. (Meanwhile, I deliberate the future of this blog, warts and all.)

Hi, Allan,

Thank you for your kind compliments.

I have viewed Curb Your Enthusiasm, and really, really like its (his) very droll sense of humor. As much as I enjoy this show, it fails at least one critical litmus test: production values. The show, as with most TV shows, is about talking heads in which the viewer must pay attention only to the two people speaking. Nonetheless, the show is funny. (LOST fills the screen from margin to margin. At any moment, some important item or clue will flit across the screen or a line of dialogue will be uttered by a character out on the margin... If your attention flags, you miss it.)

BTW, I hope you continue to visit and share your comments re anything. We all welcome your insights and wit.

Best wishes,

David

who's online