Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

17 April 2005

What a gift!

One person reads everything on this blog, and I mean everything - from margin to margin. For example, he noted my "wish list", and from that list, purchased an expensive camera for me, a stranger! So now I have another new toy to marvel over, to learn how to use, etc... Such munificence should be thanked publicly, even though the giftor shall remain anonymous. So, thank you!

A couple had a pool and bbq party yesterday at their new home in Anthem, an upscale development in Las Vegas. Of course, I had to take my new camera. This proves to have been a wonderful notion, as their house, furnishings, and art, and several of the people proved to be quite photogenic. I had a blast pushing the limits of the camera. For example, with this first photo (below) I wanted to utilize the macro mode albeit with a 'normal' lens rather than a telephoto...


[click to enlarge]

The second photo was an attempt to freeze the motion of the falling water but at a relativity different from most standard, pre-set action modes. (BTW, this waterfall is only one of several in their backyard swimming pool -- what a pool, what a home...!)


[click to enlarge]

who's online