Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

16 December 2005

An intrepid reader

One reader of this blog (Yes, I have an audience of at least one person!), decided to discover some history re the mysterious dmg -- that is, me. She writes...

Dear David,

I just received the book Bulls, Bears, and Millionaires: War Stories of the Trading Life by Robert Koppel (link in sidebar) in today's mail. I jumped on the book and quickly turned to the table of contents to see which chapter was devoted to an interview with you. Ahhh, Chapert 9 "Seeing Is Believing". I have to say I never tire of how cool it is that I know you.

I went to a quiet room and read your chapter. I had no idea that your eyesight had deteriorated so severely. I feel 100% sure that the source of many illnesses, diseases and symptoms is psychospiritual. My ordeal with a serious blood clot in my chest and arm was such a fiasco in the hands of western MD's. I began to turn to myself and listen to me. Why was this happening?

My health now has never been better since listening to myself as to who I was and what I need and want.

I highly recommend Lonny Jarrett's book Nourishing Destiny. It can be bought at his website. It's well-worth the price:
http://www.spiritpathpress.com/

He has some interesting articles he has written too at the site. What's neat is one can email him directly and he'll talk freely. One is immediately struck by how interested and engaged in his profession and finding solutions he is. I found his book life altering. I called him on the phone when my credit card didn't work and he kept me on the phone in conversation. After getting his book, I realized he was assessing me by my tone and rhythm of my voice.

On emotions, Claude Larre, who co-wrote The Seven Emotions (another really cool book) said, "The problem is that we believe serenity is the lack of emotions. That is not the case: Serenity is not being disturbed by emotions."

Well, back to your book. Your interview was also bittersweet. I could picture the stories and the hiking trips -- especially the Grand Canyon. Notwithstanding the ordeal with your eyesight, you must be in outstanding shape to make these hikes.

When you were a little kid, you must have been like the little boy in the movie A Little Romance. :-) What a thoroughly delightful movie. We got lost in it. I cried and cried when they finally got to kiss in the gondola.

Anyway, it was sure a treat to get a copy of your interview. I have to remember to bring it with me for you to sign on our next meeting.

Thank you -- even though your note is more about other writers, websites, and movies. I suspect you also liked the interview with me. :-)

who's online