Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

26 September 2006

Behind the scenes

I received many, many requests (well, okay, if you twist my arm, really only 2 or 3 :-) about my composition of the photos in "dmg returns." So I thought I would share snapshots of me in action. Each was snapped by a friend, Zara Elis. And without me knowing - imagine that! (btw, click on each image to enlarge.)

Scoping out the action for photo possibilities at Plaza Carnot in Toulouse.


Place de la Comedie in Montpellier

Here I stood, finger on the shutter, patiently awaiting a pigeon to alight.

Why stand when I can kneel?


You will recognize Montpellier as the location for these next 3 snapshots.


As for that bunching in the back of my shirt, it comes from the backpack rubbing against it during the treks. I seemingly am wholly incapable of ridding the shirts of it. If anyone has a suggestion on how to rid my shirts of this 'error message' -- I am all ears.

Thank you again for all you public and private comments and compliments. I guess I must hit the road again soon, camera in hand!
-- David M Gordon / The Deipnosophist

who's online