Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

22 April 2008

"Misery" seeks solution, not company!

Spring 2008 must be the worst allergy season in many years, as everbody I know who suffers from allergies (allergic rhinitis) suffers especially bad this year. I, too, suffer from seasonal allergies, and this Spring (the past ~6 weeks) is the first attack in 4 years sufficiently severe to fell me, so the allergans must be bad.

Unlike everyone else, however, I am a big baby; I especially detest the loss of productivity as my nostrils and eyes open wide and the water cascades without pause, my face swells up and my right eye swells shut, and ...

But the symptoms are universal; it is the remedy that interests me. I have tried seemingly everything, from allopathic to homeopathic; drugs such as Zyrtec and Claritin (both drowsy and non-drowsy formulations), etc, nasal steroids such as Veramyst and Astelin, to the little genie pot to open and clear my nostrils, etc. None work (for me).

I want relief now, so that I can stop my whining, and resume my work. Please share the remedy that works for you, no matter how far-fetched. (I will try anything!)
-- David M Gordon / The Deipnosophist

Labels:

who's online