38 tips for a better you
-- David M Gordon / The Deipnosophist
1.Take a 10-30 minute walk every day.
2. While you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, "My purpose today is to __________ ."
5. Live with the 3 E's -- energy, enthusiasm, and empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did last year.
7. Make time to practice meditation and prayer. Each provides daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants. Eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon (speak with Ray Fairfax! - dmg), broccoli, almonds, and walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk.
14. Let new and flowing energy into your life.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, negative thoughts, or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
16. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away but the lessons you learn last a lifetime.
17. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince -- and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
18. Smile and laugh more. It will keep away the negative blues.
19. Life isn't fair, but it is good.
20. Life is too brief to waste time hating anyone.
21. Do not take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
22. You need not win every argument. Agree to disagree.
23. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
24. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often.
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements, "I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________."
38. You only have one ride through life, so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.