Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

28 November 2005

Catching up

I have returned from LosCon 32, manageably weary from the 600-mile round trip drive but energized from the Con itself. While there, I met many old, and made several new, friends, which means I failed to make it to a single panel presentation. (Despite forsaking the many panels, I still missed the skinny-dipping, alas!)

So, yes, although now at home, I find myself w a y behind on the to-do list. I hope to write and post late today -- more likely tomorrow -- a lengthy post re the market. Until then, however, some photos (click each to enlarge) of my weekend escapade...

Authors Greg Benford and Steven Barnes (with daughter, Nicki)

Lubov Yegudin (artist) and Steven Brust (author) enjoy the excellent chili during one of the many parties

Larry Niven (author) reaches for that awesome chili. Note the gleam in his eyes!

David Gerrold (author) listens attentively...

John DeChancie (author) poses for his new dust jacket photo ;-)

Après-dinner:
Rochelle Uhlenkott, Teresa Cochran, James Taylor, Keith Kato, me, Scott (Merric) Anderson, and Chris Garcia

who's online