Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

25 January 2008

At the helm

I am still here, and acknowledge that I should be posting like a dervish about the markets... but, alas, I have become horribly entangled in setting up a new CPU. This effort siphons away most of my time, albeit not all of my attention, from the markets and you. This effort should conclude this weekend, though, and then I will return with several new posts. (That would be an objective, not a promise!)

Meanwhile, this time wastage reminds me of science fiction author, Robert A. Heinlein (as quoted by Cowboyo), who had a character in his novel, TIME ENOUGH FOR LOVE, say...
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
Yep, sounds about right. If only...
-- David M Gordon / The Deipnosophist

Labels:

who's online