Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

26 September 2008

THIS is the Life!

Amy MacDonald's debut CD, This is the Life, simply astounds me. I like every single track (I can recall off-hand only one other CD in which I like every single song), and marvel over each aspect of her many talents: writer, lyricist, singer, composer, arranger, and band leader. Oh, and humble; Amy seems like an especially fine person.

But her talent wow's me. My difficulty was which song to select from her fine, fine CD to reinitiate the "Music to kick-start the weekend" series, so I did the sensible thing: I selected the title track...








This is the Life -- Amy MacDonald



An interesting review of Amy's CD ratifies my perspective, although I am very interested to read your comments.

Really, though, listen to the entire CD. Better yet, buy it, and enjoy one astounding moment after another. Thank you, Amy.
-- David M Gordon / The Deipnosophist

Labels:

who's online