Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

06 April 2005

No posts today, alas

Due to the atypical amount of rain this winter in LV, the spring pollen count has skyrocketed. Horrible allergies have plagued me now for the past 2-3 weeks -- although it feels more like 2-3 years. The runny nose, scratchy eyes, headaches, and etc make it difficult at times to see the computer monitor through my squint. Nonetheless, I muddled through.

But now I have gone and done it. I managed to break my glasses yesterday, the ones for computer work. Now I am blind as a bat. So off I go later today to the friendly neighborhood optician, and hope he can restore my sight. Soon.

I mention this not to garner sympathy but to alert all five of you that I am out of commission. Temporarily. So until then...

who's online