Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

16 July 2005

Barry Eisler

I read many, many books, so from time to time I like to indulge my reading pleasure with some mind candy.

Barry Eisler is four novels into his delightful series re the half-American, half-Japanese, CIA-trained assassin, John Rain. These novels really do not qualify as mind candy because Barry takes care to make them both topical and insightful. But I read each new book voraciously; from my perspective, Barry cannot write them quickly enough! I believe you will find them equally addictive. (I suggest reading them in the order they were written and published. I rank as personal favorites the first two; your rankings might differ.)

View the complete John Rain series at Amazon.com. In addition, a link to Barry's home page can be found under "Friends" in the sidebar. (NB: Barry is currently traveling the country in support of his new novel. He soon might be at a bookstore near you!) And if you would like to discover more about Barry's success, read the articles found here and here.

BTW, a friend shared an HTML coding trick, so from this moment on, all new links in the sidebar will appear in blue for its first few days.

who's online