Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

31 January 2007

Am I Wrong?

It sure appears that way re the general market.

Based not only on the stunning rally following the FRB announcement, but also the fact that the market began the day down sloppy and ugly... and right on schedule. That reversal, even before the FRB announcement, initially heartened the bulls. Of course, the earnings reports from Google/GOOG and Starbucks/SBUX have yet to be heard. Those reports come ~1 1/2 hours from now.
What saves my portfolio's bacon, fwiw (a lot!), is that I had purchased those stocks I perceive to be the 'new' leaders.

As always, time will tell the tale of the tape. Soon.
-- David M Gordon / The Deipnosophist

Labels:

who's online