Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

15 August 2005

So much talent!


I envy artists their talent. Each artist has his or her individual perspective and medium (painting, sculpture, pottery, photography, etc), of course, but sketching to painting is arguably the equivalent of haiku to poetry. A discipline that looks easier than it is.

Stephane Kardos has incredible talent. In a private email, he promises to upload daily, or very often, a new sketch. ("I'm trying to update my blog everyday with sketches, and illustrations later. I also have sketches of people, in the underground, cafes... I'm not sketching only buildings, I'm sketching pretty much everything around me whether I'm traveling or wandering around London, looking for the odd thing to draw or the interesting scene to catch as quick as possible in my sketchbooks.")

I can hardly wait. Stephane has talent. I am a buyer as soon as he is a seller. You might consider doing the same. Artists, after all, pursue a noble profession, and thus deserve our support. (Permanent link under "friends" in sidebar.)

who's online