Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

02 February 2007

Kristin Hersh









Learn to Sing Like a Star by Kristin Hersh astonishes me. Wow! This woman is extraordinarily talented -- writing the songs, playing most of the instruments, and even producing! This CD is an especially fine showcase for her many talents, which includes her poetic lyrics...

"...This place makes me feel like I'm dead haunting
It comes when you steal a Persephone pit
Swallowed with the oxygen that bruised our bones
Swallowed with the pathetic cry, 'Take me home.'"

The Pando link (below) will allow you to download the first song on her new album, IN SHOCK. If that song is not the first single release from the CD... Well, it should be.


Pando Package

And if you like that song, you could purchase the entire CD here.

From seemingly nowhere, Kristin becomes my new, all-consuming musical interest. Now I must immediately acquire her entire oeuvre of work, Throwing Muses included. Gifts accepted, of course! (Check my Amazon Wish List above... :-)

Thank you for sampling her song, and perhaps purchasing her CD.
-- David M Gordon / The Deipnosophist

Labels:

who's online