Google

The Deipnosophist

Where the science of investing becomes an art of living

My Photo
Name:
Location: Summerlin, Nevada, United States

A private investor for 20+ years, I manage private portfolios and write about investing. You can read my market musings on three different sites: 1) The Deipnosophist, dedicated to teaching the market's processes and mechanics; 2) Investment Poetry, a subscription site dedicated to real time investment recommendations; and 3) Seeking Alpha, a combination of the other two sites with a mix of reprints from this site and all-original content. See you here, there, or the other site!

17 September 2009

Self-portrait

I depart next Friday, the 18th, for a few weeks of holiday; the markets will continue (to open, to trade) despite my absence. Imagine that! I should post a time or two more before I leave. I likely will miss several weeks of increasingly bullish market behavior while away, if I have correctly identified the market's true trend. Continue to check the building base (or top, for the bears) for the subtle clues that will announce its breakout, whichever direction, before the actual event occurs.

My holiday will include a few days of sightseeing in Spain, a trek of the Camino de Santiago, and several days in London.


Self-Portrait
by Mary Oliver

I wish I was twenty and in love with life
   and still full of beans.

Onward, old legs!
There are the long, pale dunes; on the other side
the roses are blooming and finding their labor
no adversity to the spirit.

Upward, old legs! There are the roses, and there is the sea
shining like a song, like a body
I want to touch

though I'm not twenty
and won't be again but ah! seventy. And still
in love with life. And still
full of beans.

© Beacon Press, 2008. Reprinted with permission.

The poem above adequately describes me, I suppose -- although I am full of something other than beans, and decidedly not 70! The image below is a striking visual of me while trekking...








I will be in London the week of 4 October, staying in the City. Please contact me, if you would like to get together for a pint or two and good conversation.


Otherwise, I will see you upon my return on Monday, 12 October. I hope to have ready the new website soon after. Thank you to Dan Hung, for his invaluable assistance in the creation of the new site.

-- David M Gordon / The Deipnosophist

Labels:

who's online